Nina's professional everyday life with ketogenic diet
Hello dear ones!
Today I would like to give you a little insight into how I integrate the ketogenic diet into my professional everyday life. I work as a speech therapist at a special school. Since my workday is tightly scheduled due to therapies, the necessary documentation and the cooperation with my colleagues, I hardly have time to prepare my food on site.
My colleagues have the convenience of easily ordering a hot meal from the canteen or grabbing a sandwich from the bakery for a quick and delicious lunch. However, explaining my dietary choices to them, such as avoiding meat, sugar, and carbohydrates, isn't always straightforward. I don't necessarily want to disclose my epilepsy to every colleague, so I've found that the easiest solution for me is to prepare a keto lunchbox for work. This way, I can enjoy my meal during the break without drawing too much attention to my dietary preferences.
My motto for my meals at work is therefore: fast - delicious - keto!
Diagnosis LCHAD - Our story
The pregnancy with my second child went without any complications, apart from the fact that our second child also seemed to be quite big in terms of length and weight[...] The birth was completely uncomplicated and everything went well for our little family. The only strange thing was a situation that we only realized afterwards as the first crisis...
FAOD diagnosis - Mama Jette reports her story
My son Max is 12 years old and suffers from a very rare metabolic disease called MTP deficiency. Max was born 4 weeks premature. On the night of his birth, he was already restless and suffered from hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Newborn screening showed abnormalities...
Cooking tips with MCT fats
The most important information summarized briefly:
- Half a teaspoon of MCT oil is approximately 1 g/ml.
- One teaspoon of MCT oil is approximately 3 g/ml.
- One tablespoon of MCT oil is approximately 6 g/ml.
- MCT margarine is ideal for spreading on bread as well as for sautéing and baking.
- MCT oil can be used for salad preparation and for gentle frying at low temperatures (approximately 150°C).
- Do not keep MCT fats warm for too long, heat them too hot, or reheat them (in the microwave) as this could result in a bitter taste.