Kyle's 11th birthday
It was an excellent fit, the birthday fell on a Friday and we invited godfathers and friends.
Kyle loves music.
On Fridays, we often have a therapy day, which means Kyle stays at home and gets to sleep in longer. Around 11 o'clock, we head to the physiotherapy session, and he is in great shape and highly motivated. For Kyle's birthday, the physiotherapist came up with something special, and it was truly remarkable. A CD played the song "Happy Birthday to you" in about 12 different languages. He was already smiling during the English version, and he laughed out loud during the French lyrics. He adores his current physiotherapist, who has been with us for 6 years now. With her, he gets to do trampoline exercises. For that, we place Kyle in a harness system, similar to a skydiver, and suspend it from the ceiling hooks.
We have a fondness for cheesecake in our family, and we try it in many variations. Ambition wanted me to try my hand at a ketogenic cheesecake variation for Kyle's birthday.
Diagnosis LCHAD - Our story
The pregnancy with my second child went without any complications, apart from the fact that our second child also seemed to be quite big in terms of length and weight[...] The birth was completely uncomplicated and everything went well for our little family. The only strange thing was a situation that we only realized afterwards as the first crisis...
FAOD diagnosis - Mama Jette reports her story
My son Max is 12 years old and suffers from a very rare metabolic disease called MTP deficiency. Max was born 4 weeks premature. On the night of his birth, he was already restless and suffered from hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Newborn screening showed abnormalities...
Cooking tips with MCT fats
The most important information summarized briefly:
- Half a teaspoon of MCT oil is approximately 1 g/ml.
- One teaspoon of MCT oil is approximately 3 g/ml.
- One tablespoon of MCT oil is approximately 6 g/ml.
- MCT margarine is ideal for spreading on bread as well as for sautéing and baking.
- MCT oil can be used for salad preparation and for gentle frying at low temperatures (approximately 150°C).
- Do not keep MCT fats warm for too long, heat them too hot, or reheat them (in the microwave) as this could result in a bitter taste.